Reasons why your washing machine doesn't work:
When our washing machine suffers a breakdown, it can manifest itself in different ways. Perhaps no water enters, therefore the washing cycle does not start either. Or it may make strange noises in the different phases of the washing process. It is necessary to check the main causes that may cause our appliance to not work properly in order to locate the fault.
- The washing machine does not turn on: is a very common failure and may be due to lack of power, overheating that activates a security system or a major fault in which case you should call a technician.
- My washing machine turns on, but does not work: in these cases it can also be an electrical fault such as lack of voltage, insufficient current, etc. Another cause may be the incorrect closing of the door, which activates a system that prevents the washing cycle from starting. And, another cause also very frequent is the obstruction of pipes.
- Washing programs are not completed: the process starts correctly, but does not finish. The reasons can be diverse, but the most common is the lack of sufficient water to finish the program due to a blockage in the pipes or filter which will force you to remove the water manually. You may also have a problem with the pump. Whatever the case, you can call a technician to perform a thorough diagnosis and detect the real problem.
- It does not spin correctly: this we can detect not only with the state of the laundry at the end of the program, but also with the noise our washing machine makes when spinning. Usually, it can be the washing machine drum or the pump.
- My washing machine leaks: if during your wash you notice water on the floor, it is an indication that we have overloaded the washer or else we have applied too much product. If this is the case, it will be enough to avoid it, but if it happens during each wash regardless of the amount, it may be a crack in the rubbers which have to be changed to avoid this type of inconvenience.
- My washing machine smells bad: this is one of the most common problems and the solution is usually simple as it is intimately related to the cleaning and maintenance of the washing machine. The first thing you should do is to clean the filter, you can also use special cleaning products to remove bacteria inside the drum.
What parts to check when repairing the various faults in a washing machine
When our washing machine suffers a breakdown, it can manifest itself in different ways. Perhaps no water enters, therefore the washing cycle does not start either. Or it may make strange noises in the different phases of the washing process. It is necessary to check the main causes that may cause our appliance to not work properly in order to locate the fault *.
- You must first be clear that the locking system (door hook and electric lock) is working properly, as this is the first safety system that locks the washing machine. If the hook system is broken, it will not actuate the door switch that activates the appliance.
- The door switch is inside the appliance, where it closes the washer door. If the washer does not detect that the door is closed, it will not start washing.
- If the washer does not pick up water, the electrovalve inlet valve is blocked by impurities in the water or the electric drive on the part is not working and the appliance will not start filling with water.
- It may be that the inlet solenoid valve is working properly but, nevertheless, the appliance does not give the filling order, this fault may occur because the pressostat(a switch that is actuated according to the water level inside the washer) is not providing the filling order, although this fault is less common than the previous ones.
- If the washing machine takes water, but does not turn the pump is advisable to check the state of the motor brushes which are mounted on the main motor of the appliance and wear out with prolonged use of the appliance.
- If the washing machine makes noise when spinning the drum, especially when spinning, it is likely that the bearing assembly and retainer are faulty, even the cruciteof the drum may have become deformed.
- If in the drain phases, the appliance locks up and stops the process, there may have been a clog in some washer rubber, in the pump's filter system.
- If the water circuit and filter are in good condition and clean, the drain pump should be checked.
* All washing machine functions are currently governed by an electronic module which is also subject to malfunctions. Please note that malfunctions in the electronic module can manifest themselves in the malfunctioning of the rest of the electrical components.
We hope we have been helpful with these indications, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us leaving a comment below or through our online store electrotodo.es
Until the next entry!
See you next time!